Operations Finance Analyst - West Footscray | Melbourne
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Feb-2022|
- Market leading Tier 1 FMCG organisation
- Growth trajectory; be part of a professional, innovative, high growth team
- A positive, and collaborative team culture
About the Company
At Goodman Fielder our purpose is to make everyday food better for everyone. We own a host of iconic brands that generations of Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week.
At Goodman Fielder our aspiration is to be the leading integrated food business in the Region. We are a team that believes that anything is possible. A team that understands our business and focuses on the right things that make the biggest difference and one that considers our end to end value chain when making decisions to optimise our business. We drive change as an opportunity for us to innovate and transform our business and to achieve beyond what we think is possible.
About the Role
We value our people at Goodman Fielder and recognise that our success depends on our ability to attract and retain talented people. Based at our West Footscray, with orccaional travel to some of our other sites in Melbourne, this position forms a part of the market finance team, which provides financial and commercial support to the Operations and Business Leadership team in order to drive long term profitability. The Operations Analyst will provide financial expertise, leadership, management and support to site management, and will be a key business partner to the Operations Regional Hub Managers, as well as the broader Operations Leadership Team.
You will be responsible for:
- Assist the integrated business planning (Strategic Plan, Budget and S&OP) processes for the Site
- Partner with the Site Operations leadership team to ensure they deliver on their functional commitments as part of the business long term targets
- Provide insightful commentary on financial performance identifying opportunities to drive EBIT improvement
- Complete scenario modelling and work with the Site Operations Leadership team to drive profit delivery initiatives
- Complete Inventory Management and Monthly management reporting
- Perform product costing, utilisation analysis and manufacturing reporting
- Prepare financial forecasts, and understand gaps to budget, including risks and opportunities
- Provide business partnering support to the Operations function
- Create business case financials for all Site Operations projects including Capex proposal, ensuring key risks and alternatives are considered
- Monitor performance on all major Site Operations projects against EBIT and Capex targets
- Provide accurate conversion costs to the commercial teams for PLG tender submissions, revised pricing plans & NPD
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Degree Qualified (Commerce or Finance)
- 3+ years analytical business partnering experience in a fast-paced environment
- Sound understanding of management accounting in a manufacturing environment, and issues affecting a manufacturing business
- Strong technical skills – SAP, Excel
- Good communication skills and presentation skills
- A proactive approach with the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to manage competing deadlines
- Good analysis and problem-solving skills
- Analytical business partnering experience in a fast-paced environment
What can we offer you?
You will be joining a driven team of professionals who genuinely enjoy working together resulting in a highly collaborative environment. In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development.
We value a culture that promotes work life balance and flexibility (work from home options available).
At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.