Maintenance Fitter | Hobart
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Success Profile - Fitter.docx (Word, 47KB)
|Application Close Date:||31-Jan-2022|
- Monday to Friday: 7am- 4pm, 38 hours per week
- Work for a leading FMCG with iconic brands
- Bakery Production site
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, Cornwells, Holbrooks, White Wings, Meadow Lea, and many more.
Our aspiration is to be the leading integrated food business in the Region. We are a team that believes that anything is possible. A team that understands our business and focuses on the right things that make the biggest difference and one that considers our end to end value chain when making decisions to optimise our business. We drive change as an opportunity for us to innovate and transform our business and to achieve beyond what we think is possible.
About the opportunity:
We are currently looking for a Maintenance fitter to work at our Hobart site. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will work as part of a 2-person maintenance team with an emphasis is on delivering the preventative maintenance program and providing engineering support for breakdown repairs. As an integral member of the Hobart Bakery team, the Maintenance Fitter will be willing to assist operationally, outside the areas of core maintenance responsibilities, and in doing so make a solid contribution to building a high performing site team culture.
Our site was established in 1997 and currently produces all bakery products for the Tasmanian market (except gluten free, wraps, and muffins). There are approximately 25 in our team.
Shift pattern is Monday to Friday- 7am- 4pm, 38 hours per week. There will be a requirement to work public holdays and this will be compensated in the salary package.
You will be responsible for:
- Carry out preventative maintenance to plant and equipment within the facility.
- Carry out service and repair of Mechanical plant and equipment within the facility, Prioritise all types of given work
- Diagnose faults and carry out modifications to equipment
- Ensure compliance with required Quality and Food Safety policies procedures.
- Carry our foreign object walks as required
- Participate in all training as required by the company
- Effective reporting of any issues relating to company SH&E & QA policies
- Mechanical trade certificate
- High level of technical and diagnostic skills
- Previous experience with bakery or industrial food production equipment
- Computer skills, including SAP, Excel
- Processed based risk assessment skills
- Excellent communication and numeracy skills
What can we offer you?
With sites spanning across the Australasian region, working as part of a highly driven team at Goodman Fielder, you can expect to work with leading technologies producing a variety of the most reputable brands in Australia.
At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information or to apply go to https://careers.goodmanfielder.com.au/jo