Senior Packaging Technologist | Sydney
|Category:||R AND D|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Dec-2021|
- Join a market leading FMCG during an exciting phase of growth
- Play a lead role on exciting NPD packaging projects
- Fulltime Permanent, Macquarie Park location
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in Australia. We are currently experiencing times of change and growth with continued capital investment across our business which only means one thing – Exciting times.
About the opportunity:
Based in our dedicated Research & Development centre in Macquarie Park, the Senior Packaging Technologist will be accountable for: developing plans and priorities for implementation of Sustainable Packaging, reporting and communicating progress to Sustainable Packaging plans, and working with key stakeholders and partners to deliver Sustainable Packaging brand plans.
You will be responsible for:
- Lead the development of Sustainable packaging for new products and improving the Sustainability profile of existing packaging
- Desktop Sustainability analysis of Packaging, factory trials, transport trials
- Ensure Packaging regulatory requirements are being followed, particularly for direct food contact
- Design, deliver and report on Packaging Sustainability and factory trials including documenting and interpreting all data generated, including Sustainable packaging Guidelines (SPG) and PREP analysis
- Develop project timelines and key milestones with business stakeholders highlighting and communicating risks appropriately
- Maintain comprehensive records and documentation of all key approval activities, including Packaging specifications, Sustainability data (SPG/ PREP etc) factory trial reports and SAP data.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- 5+ years' experience in a Packaging Technologist role
- Advanced internal, external and International stakeholder management
- Analytical, Project Management, Problem Solving, Commercialisation Experience
- Highly motivated, independent, self-disciplined, demonstrating ownership & initiatives
- Engineering Degree
- Knowledge of Packaging Industry and Recycling industry
What can we offer you?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly regarded R&D team, in a local business with a broad variety of products. You will receive exposure to a broad range of products and manufacturing sites, and work with an experienced and high performing team who can provide excellent mentorship and training as you launch your career in the food industry.
In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.