Qualified Baker | Darwin
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||09-Dec-2021|
At Goodman Fielder our purpose is to create food that people love. We own a host of iconic brands that generations of Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week. At Goodman Fielder our aspiration is to be the leading integrated food solutions business in the Region. We are a team that believes that anything is possible. A team that understands our business and focuses on the right things that make the biggest difference and one that considers our end to end value chain when making decisions to optimize our business. We drive change as an opportunity for us to innovate and transform our business and to achieve beyond what we think is possible.
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in Australia. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our business and be part of our success.
We are currently looking for a Qualified Baker to join us at our baking facility in Darwin. The overall purpose of this position is to prepare dough, assist with weigh up, run the divider, oven, and proofer and run and set up the plant in accordance with Goodman Fielder policies and procedures. Reporting into the Production Supervisor, you will work as part of the production team to ensure that our bread products are produced in a safe, timely and cost effective manner that meets quality and food safety standards.
Shift Pattern available:
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 5.00am – 3.00pm
Saturday 5:30am – 3:30pm
- Safely operating of bread manufacturing equipment
- Ensuring all HACCP measures are being maintained during shift
- Correctly preparing ingredients according to specified formulas
- Adjustments in product specification and machine operations to develop a consistent product
- Adhering to food safety procedures and company policies
- Ensuring machines run in an efficient and uninterrupted manner
- Maintaining production waste within acceptable amounts
- Meeting deadlines in a busy work environment
- Keeping timely and accurate records of work activity
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Trade Qualification in Baking
- Experience in a fast paced FMCG environment within the food industry
- Ability to react to changes in dough variance and implement immediate controls
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong knowledge of workplace and food safety (HACCP)
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
- A positive work attitude and professional manner
- Working with different bread products including artisan (desirable)
What can we offer you?
We value our people at Goodman Fielder and are looking for passionate and engaged individuals to join us and enhance our culture.
In return for your passion and commitment, we will help you to achieve your personal and professional growth and development objectives. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply Online and you will be taken to our careers page.