Warehouse Operator/Storeperson | QLD - Other
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||17-Dec-2021|
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, Cornwells, Holbrooks, White Wings, Meadow Lea, and many more.
Our aspiration is to be the leading integrated food business in the Region. We are a team that believes that anything is possible. A team that understands our business and focuses on the right things that make the biggest difference and one that considers our end to end value chain when making decisions to optimise our business. We drive change as an opportunity for us to innovate and transform our business and to achieve beyond what we think is possible.
About the opportunity:
We are currently looking for a Warehouse Operator/Storeperson to work at our Townsville site. Reporting to the Supply Chain Leader, responsible for maintaining and controlling stock levels through purchasing Bulk Ingredients/Consumables, Goods Receipting Inwards Goods and storage of raw materials, packaging and equipment.
Our Townsville bakery produces daily a wide range of products for the Far North Queensland market, operating a single 12 hour shift operation, 7 days a week.
You will be required to work:
Monday – Friday, 6.00am - 2.00pm
You will be responsible for:
- Initiating actions to improve health and safety within area of responsibility
- Conducting weekly Racking Inspections and report any findings
- Ensuring compliance with required Quality and Food Safety policies procedures. “Clean as you go”
- Compliance to HACCP & BRC
- Conducting product evaluations on all Inwards Goods to ensure compliance and fit for use
- Monitoring stock levels and flag any risks of run out to the Materials Planning Team
- Conducting weekly stock takes and investigate major variances
- Goods Receipting all Inwards Goods Received on the day (raw materials and packaging)
- Ensuring received goods and invoices are matched and escalate accordingly
- Neatly filing all documentation daily, all records need to be easily accessible during audit periods
- Stock to be rotated daily adhering to FIFO principal
- Bulk material ordering and weekly management (Flour, Yeast, Oil, Vinegar)
- Consumable material ordering and weekly management (Tincol, Supaglide, White Oil)
- Ensuring all equipment is operationally maintained and safe to use. Report findings to the Leadership Team
- Collaborating with all departments and proactively promote a team work culture across all functions
- At least 2yrs proven Warehouse experience
- Related industry experience (preferably within the food, dairy, beverage industry)
- Forklift Licence
- Food Safety, GMP, HACCP, Internal and External Auditing experience
- SAP (Beneficial)
- Advanced Computer skills – Microsoft Office, SAP experience
- Leadership and Communication
- Logical, analytical and problem solving abilities
- Planning and organising
What can we offer you?
With sites spanning across the Australasian region, working as part of a highly driven team at Goodman Fielder, you can expect to work with leading technologies producing a variety of the most reputable brands in Australia.
At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information or to apply go to https://careers.goodmanfielder.com.au/jobs
Join Goodman Fielder with market leading FMCG brands. We're looking for an experienced Supervisor to join our Townsville site!