Internal Audit & Risk Assurance Consultant | Sydney
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Aug-2022|
- Leading Australian & New Zealand FMCG Company
- Rewarding and challenging role
- Macquarie Park Head office
About the Company
At Goodman Fielder our purpose is to make everyday food better for everyone. We own a host of iconic brands that generations of Australians and New Zealanders have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week.
At Goodman Fielder our aspiration is to be the leading integrated food business in the Region. We are a team that believes that anything is possible. A team that understands our business and focuses on the right things that make the biggest difference and one that considers our end to end value chain when making decisions to optimise our business. We drive change as an opportunity for us to innovate and transform our business and to achieve beyond what we think is possible.
About the opportunity:
As a result of continued growth and expansion, we are looking for a dynamic, influential and passionate Internal Audit & Risk Assurance professional based in our Macquarie Park Head Office. Reporting to our Internal Audit & Risk Assurance Director, you will be an integral member of the Internal Audit & Risk Assurance team, responsible for leading internal audits, reviews and investigations; providing assurance to senior management on the effectiveness of the Internal Control framework; and supporting strong governance, accountability and performance across Goodman Fielder.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading key audits, special reviews and investigations across the business
- Developing strategic audit plans to identify key audit and business risks
- Identifying key internal control, compliance and risk exposures across the business
- Developing and deploying tailored audit testing programs and methodologies
- Analysing and testing the effectiveness of internal financial, operating and system controls
- Assisting management in developing remediation plans to address internal control weaknesses and mitigate business risk exposures
- Reporting and communicating key findings to senior management
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Chartered Accountant (CA ANZ) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA Australia)
- 3 + internal or external audit experience (Big 4 preferred)
- Ability to travel – Australia, New Zealand and Pacific region (up to 40%)
- Sound knowledge of accounting and auditing practice
- Attention to detail
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Strategic and forward-thinking mindset
- Team player
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
What can we offer you?
Working as part of a small, dynamic and highly valued team at Goodman Fielder, you will hone your professional audit skills and experience through exposure to Goodman Fielder's leading portfolio of businesses and brands, operating in diverse markets and geographies. Due to the growth and expansion of the business, and exposure to key projects and new investments, you will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the control framework across the business. In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.