Engineer | North Island - Other
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-May-2018|
Goodman Fielder is Australasia's leading listed food company. Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day. Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Quality Bakers, Meadow Fresh, MacKenzie, Tararua, Edmonds, Freya's… just to name a few!
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in New Zealand. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our business and be part of our success.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Engineer to join our Quality Bakers Hawkes Bay Site.
This role is an integral responsibility for our Quality Bakers Hawkes Bay site and will lead and implement an on-going strategy for equipment reliability improvement across the site. As Maintenance Engineer you will build on our partnership between the production and engineering functions and strive together towards process and project management excellence on site.
This role will see you build on our partnership between the production and engineering functions and strive together towards process and project management excellence on site.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Ensuring that the site is run efficiently with effective engineering solutions and recommendations
- Ensuring downtime on the plant is reduced via a proactive approach
- Driving for performance in Reliability, MTBF, MTTR, Preventative and Predictive Maintenance
- Establishing and drive ‘Best Practice' for the site and provide key leadership on process efficiency and innovation
- Leading and executing change management activities to support on-going continuous improvement
- Understanding the targets required to deliver safety, quality and cost objectives in engineering
- Ensuring engineering activity is carried out in the most cost-effective way which includes plant, buildings, services, project management and people.
- Participating in rostered call outs as and when required
To be successful in your application, you will have:
- Strong maintenance engineering experience
- Previous experience in a baking engineering capacity would be highly desirable
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Experience with contemporary reliability practices and CMMS use
- Previous experience in the FMCG/ food manufacturing industry would be ideal
- Have strong interpersonal skills and a can do attitude
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply and you will be taken to our careers page www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.au
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please enter our careers page and click Register to submit your details.