Sensory Technologist | Auckland
|Category:||R&D & Quality|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Jul-2018|
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day. Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Vogel's, Molenberg, Freya's, Meadow Fresh, Tararua, Puhoi Valley, Edmonds and Ernest Adams.… just to name a few!
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in New Zealand. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our business and be part of our success.
The Sensory Technologist will assist the Sensory Manager in delivering a sensory program which supports the development of new and improved products and maintains the sensory integrity of the existing portfolio.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Training and maintaining 2 trained panels, sensory testing programs, electronic data collection, reference procurement, preparation.
- Provide sensory support over the full life cycle of our consumer products.
- Identify any and all opportunities for improvement in the R&D product development process and actively participate in investigating and implementing change.
- Working with Other R&D Technologists assist to maintain the R&D Lab through a range of activities.
- Understand current and emerging consumer trends, technologies and the regulatory environment.
The successful applicant will have:
- 2+ years in R&D within FMCG environment with sensory experience
- Degree in Food Technology, Sciences or Statistics
- Strong technical understanding of Sensory results
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Specific data collection software skills both in using and programming
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply and you will be taken to our careers page.
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please visit our careers page www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.auand click Register to submit your details.