Qualified Baker | New Zealand
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Dec-2018|
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day. Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Vogel's, Molenberg, Freya's, Meadow Fresh, Tararua, Puhoi Valley, Edmonds and Ernest Adams,… just to name a few!
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in New Zealand. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our business and be part of our success.
The role is for a Qualified Baker on the Bread Plant at the Quality Bakers Dunedin site. The role includes set up and operation of the Mixer, Make-up plant, Prover and Oven for all bread types produced by Goodman Fielder along with weighing and preparation of ingredients, cleaning of the plant and machinery and planning and execution in SAP. You will be part of a 4 person team that reports directly to the Shift Supervisor and Plant Manager. The role will involve some weekend and night work.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Ensure all equipment is operated according to site standards
- Ensure all health and safety rules, standards and policies are adhered, including reporting any incidents or near misses
- Complete daily production sheets and enter production information into the management operating system as required
- Actively maintain Food Safety, GMP, cleaning and hygiene standards, including corrective actions from audits and non-conformance reports
- Report and control any unsafe/out of specification condition including equipment, process, raw materials or product, ensuring prevention of release of defective material
- Function as a team member and deliver individual performance that contributes to the team success.
To be successful in your application, you will have:
- Qualified Plant Baker - is desirable, but not essential
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- The ability to work in a physically demanding role
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A great attitude towards health and safety
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply and you will be taken to our careers page.
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please enter our careers page and click Register to submit your details.