Filler operator | North Island - Other
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Jan-2019|
Goodman Fielder is Australasia's leading listed food company. Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day. Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Quality Bakers, Meadow Fresh, MacKenzie, Tararua, Edmonds, Freya's, Bouton d'or… just to name a few!
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in New Zealand. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our business and be part of our success.
We are looking for a motivated individual with proven machine operator experience to join our Production Team based at our Longburn Site in Palmerston North in our Milk filler hall. Reporting through to the Milk Team Leader you will make a strong contribution to a high performing team and culture while being capable of operating multiple fillers and packing equipment.
In this role you will be required to work 4days on 4days off shift patten starting at 06:00 to 18:30. Previous food industry experience is desirable.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Ensure all health and safety rules, standards and policies are adhered, including reporting any incidents or near misses to the Team Leader
- Ensure the highest product quality standards are maintained
- Ensure all equipment is operated according to Site standards
- Make an active contribution to the team environment by sharing knowledge and collaborating with others to develop a high performing team
- Demonstrate a commitment and understanding of business policies and procedures
- Assist with maintaining a clean work environment to comply with expected standards
To be successful in your application, you will have:
- Proven machine operating experience, preferably in the food industry.
- Capable of regular heaving lifting of 20kg
- Able to carry out repetive manual packing duties
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in the food industry and proven leadership experience is desirable
- Forklift operating experience is desirable
As part of our recruitment process you will be required to undergo pre-employment testing which includes a full medical and drug test. For successful applicants a competitive hourly rate will be offered.
To learn more about our manufacturing sites check out www.jobsatgoodmanfielder.co.nz
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply and you will be taken to our careers page www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.au
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please enter our careers page and click Register to submit your details.