Dispatch Team Leader | Auckland
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||06-Jul-2022|
At Goodman Fielder our purpose is making everyday food, better for everyone. We own a host of iconic brands that generations of Kiwis have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week. We are a team that believes that anything is possible. A team that understands our business and focuses on the right things that make the biggest difference and one that considers our end to end value chain when making decisions to optimize our business. We drive change as an opportunity for us to innovate and transform our business and to achieve beyond what we think is possible.
The primary role of the Day Shift Dispatch Team Leader is to ensure Dispatch is delivered in a cost effective and timely manner.The team leader is an integral member of the Dispatch and Warehouse team with management responsibilities for a high performing team.This role is based at our Quality Bakers site in East Tamaki, Auckland.
The shift pattern for the role is :
Sunday, Monday & Tuesday: 7am to 7.15pm
Wednesday: 7am to 2.15pm
Total 42 hours per week over 3.5 days
- Lead the Shift team to ensure that resources are correctly allocated to deliver on Key Performance. Key measures include DIFOT, Accuracy, pick rates, and write off's
- Adjust production schedules, linehaul or contractor departure times accordingly and explore alternative options where applicable in order to deliver the best service levels possible for the business
- Manage partial delivery timing according to gantry capacity and in order to meet linehaul departure times
- Manage the Systems Operator to ensure timely releases of orders to PBL and through for delivery
- Perform manual intervention tasks on the automation equipment where applicable and as per system requirements.
- Maintain a healthy proactive relationship with Engineering and escalate engineering related issues as a priority
- Mentor and develop Shift Supervisor so that they are able to make decisions in a timely manner as they relate to Production, and Dispatch
- Oversee the hygiene of dispatch by ensuring cleaning occurs at correct times and to the correct standard
- Ensure all reporting requirements are supplied in an accurate and timely manner
- Optimises Supply Chain efficiencies and controls for cost
- Works to see labour usage is within budget and control staff leave and overtime
- Ensure inventory write offs and adjustments are below budget
To be successful in your application, you will have:
- 5+ years Supply Chain or Dispatch experience in the food industry
- 2+ years established leadership of a mid-sized team
- Supply chain degree (desirable)
- Supply chain management understanding
- Exposure to Quality Assurance and Food Safety Systems
- Proven track record in people management
- A great attitude towards health and safety
- Ability to drive performance
- Effective communication skills
- SAP and SHE systems experience (desirable)
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply and you will be taken to our careers page.
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please visit our careers page www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.au [careers.goodmanfielder.com.au] and click Register to submit your details.