Dispatch Team Leader | Auckland
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||18-Jul-2022|
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day. Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Vogel's, Molenberg, Freya's, Meadow Fresh, Tararua, Puhoi Valley, Edmonds and Ernest Adams… just to name a few!
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in New Zealand. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our business and be part of our success.
The Night Shift Dispatch Team Leader is an integral member of the Dispatch and Warehouse team with management responsibilities for a high performing team and team culture. The Dispatch Team Leader ensures Dispatch is delivered in a cost effective and timely manner.
The shift pattern available is:
Saturday, Sunday and Monday - 7.00pm - 7.15am
Tuesday - 7.00pm - 2.15am
Total 42 hours per week over 3.5 days
- Lead the Shift team to ensure that resources are correctly allocated to deliver on Key Performance. Key measures include DIFOT, Accuracy, pick rates, and write off's
- Adjust production schedules, linehaul or contractor departure times accordingly and explore alternative options where applicable in order to deliver the best service levels possible for the business
- Manage partial delivery timing according to gantry capacity and in order to meet linehaul departure times
- Manage the Systems Operator to ensure timely releases of orders to PBL and through for delivery
- Perform manual intervention tasks on the automation equipment where applicable and as per system requirements.
- Maintain a healthy proactive relationship with Engineering and escalate engineering related issues as a priority
- Mentor and develop Shift Supervisor so that they are able to make decisions in a timely manner as they relate to Production, and Dispatch
- Oversee the hygiene of dispatch by ensuring cleaning occurs at correct times and to the correct standard
- Ensure all reporting requirements are supplied in an accurate and timely manner
- Optimises Supply Chain efficiencies and controls for cost
- Works to see labour usage is within budget and control staff leave and overtime
- Ensure inventory write offs and adjustments are below budget
To be successful in your application, you will have:
- 5+ years Supply Chain or Dispatch experience in the food industry
- 2+ years established leadership of a mid-sized team
- Supply chain degree (desirable)
- Supply chain management understanding
- Exposure to Quality Assurance and Food Safety Systems
- Proven track record in people management
- A great attitude towards health and safety
- Ability to drive performance
- Effective communication skills
- SAP and SHE systems experience (desirable)
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply and you will be taken to our careers page.
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please visit our careers page www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.au [careers.goodmanfielder.com.au] and click Register to submit your details.