Regulatory Manager - Food Labelling | Auckland
|Category:||R AND D|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Jul-2022|
At Goodman Fielder our purpose is making everyday food, better for everyone. We own a host of iconic brands that generations of Kiwis have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week. Our products cut across multiple categories including Dairy, Baking and Ingredients (flour, rice, oil, etc.). We are a team that understands our business and focuses on the right things that make the biggest difference and one that considers our end to end value chain when making decisions to optimize our business. We drive change as an opportunity for us to innovate and transform our business and to achieve beyond what we think is possible.
As the Regulatory Manager for Food Labelling, you will support Goodman Fielder on all compliance with regulatory issues and requirements for food production, packaging and advertising. This role is also the bridge between Goodman Fielder and the relevant New Zealand regulatory authorities and associated industry groups
- Review and advise on marketing claims with reference to FSANZ Food Standards Code and claim substantiation
- Support, review and act as a key approver of artwork and creative materials and New Product
- Development including representing compliance matters in project/gate meetings
- Manage outsourcing of advice on food regulatory requirements when required
- Lead the Goodman Fielder NZ compliance process and associated tooling (online workflow system)
- Provide strategic leadership in relation to labelling management e.g. roll out of regulatory changes.
- Assist senior leadership to make decisions in relation to regulatory changes
- Identify opportunities and lead company initiatives, guidelines and processes where appropriate
- Administering regular compliance training and additional sessions as requested
- Government and industry relations and relationship management including representing GF in various groups and forums
- Reactive communication with industry regulators (eg. regarding compliance issues)
- Proactive legislative input including supporting the business on Government submissions to influence regulatory change
- Keep up-to-date with regulations impacting the sale and marketing of food products and assist to roll out changes across the GF group
- Review and ensure compliance with licensing and sponsorship agreements
- 5+ years' experience in a food labelling, regulatory role (essential)
- FMCG experience (essential)
- Dietetics, nutrition or science/food technology background
- Sound technical background in the food industry specifically in food legislation including FSANZ
- Consumer law experience
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management skills
What we offer
You will be joining a driven team of professionals who genuinely enjoy working together, resulting in a highly collaborative environment. In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development.
At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.