Industrial Electrician | North Island - Other
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-Apr-2018|
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day. Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Vogel's, Molenberg, Freya's, Meadow Fresh, Tararua, Puhoi Valley, Edmonds and Ernest Adams, just to name a few!
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in New Zealand. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our business and be part of our success.
Goodman Fielder's Longburn Dairy is one of our key manufacturing sites, producing multiple lines of milk, yoghurt and cultured dairy products each day. With over 200 employees on-site, the Longburn team work collaboratively to ensure our dairy products are delivered to all our customers across the North Island, and are currently looking for an Industrial Electrician.
We are looking to employ an industrial electrician at Goodman Fielders Longburn Dairy plant in Palmerston North.
Reporting to the site Maintenance Manager, you will work on day-to-day engineering matters with a focus towards preventative maintenance and continuous improvement. Delivery of maintenance excellence to operations which ensures minimal downtime and maximum plant efficiency is essential. The shift roster for this position is 4 days on 4 days off.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Completing preventative maintenance tasks to improve plant reliability
- Breakdowns repair and prevention
- Execute electrical improvement initiatives and projects to effectively reduce costs and inefficiencies
- Inspect, test, trouble shoot and maintain control systems and PLC's, networked VSD's and electrical equipment
To be successful in your application, you will have:
- Electrical registration and current practicing license
- Minimum 3 years experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably within the dairy industry
- Positive attitude and excellent work ethic and be able to add value to our engineering team
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Good computer skills including the use of CMMS
- Demonstrated commitment to SHE
- Effective communication skills and customer focus
- Working knowledge of SCADA, VSD and PLC, Primarily but not limited to Rockwell software
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply and you will be taken to our careers page.
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please enter our careers page and click Register to submit your details.