HSQE Manager | New Zealand
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-May-2018|
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day. Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Vogel's, Molenberg, Freya's, Meadow Fresh, Tararua, Puhoi Valley, Edmonds and Ernest Adams.… just to name a few!
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in New Zealand. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our business and be part of our success.
Quality Bakers Dunedin are currently looking for an experienced Health, Safety, Quality & Environment (HSQE) Manager to join their team.
Delivering the best quality product to meet our customers' needs, building and maintaining a culture of safety first is one of the highest priorities in our business, this is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to work within our dynamic Quality Bakers manufacturing business.
Driving the successful implementation of the Goodman Fielder Quality and SHE management systems on site, you will be responsible for the continuous improvement of our Health, Safety and Environmental systems and the coaching and mentoring of site personnel to develop and guide an active HSE culture.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Working with the Site Leadership Team to manage overall HSQE requirements across the site, maintaining site compliance with all HSQE regulatory requirements
- Supporting all national quality policies, procedures and initiatives, adhering to all internal, external and regularly food safety and quality standards
- Coach and mentor key functional and line leaders in the implementation and continuous improvement across site HSQE policy, procedure and strategy
- Encourage a safety-first culture where people clearly demonstrate safe behaviours and think safety before taking action
- Ensure formal Hazard Review and Risk Management programmes for HSQE are developed, implemented and status reported
- Lead HSQE related staff training
- Meet HSQE reporting and compliance requirements and deadlines
- Active participation in the site leadership team
If Quality systems, Customer Satisfaction, Manual Handling, Hazard and Risk Management, System Implementation, Culture, Behaviour, and Root Cause Analysis are part of your daily vocabulary then we want to hear from you. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who wants to join Goodman Fielder and have the support to progress their career.
To be successful in your application, you will have:
- At least 5 years' experience in a Food manufacturing experience in a FMCG quality management role
- Strong HACCP and safety knowledge and experience is highly regarded
- A tertiary qualification in a related discipline (technology/ science/ microbiology)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and to coach and mentor key stakeholders across multiple levels of the business
- Food safety legislative knowledge would be a distant advantage
- Be passionate about quality, safety and environment with a customer focus attitude.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated application of information technology
- Proven ability to work within, lead and engage teams
- A relevant tertiary qualification or formal HSQE qualification (desirable)
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply and you will be taken to our careers page.
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please visit our careers page www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.auand click Register to submit your details.