Accounting Manager - Dairy | Christchurch
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-May-2018|
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day. Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Vogel's, Molenberg, Freya's, Meadow Fresh, Tararua, Puhoi Valley, Edmonds and Ernest Adams,… just to name a few!
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in New Zealand. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our business and be part of our success.
We are looking to appoint a commercially savvy and strong business partner to lead our Dairy Finance team at our Meadow Fresh site in Christchurch. As the Operations Accounting Manager, you will be an integral member of the Finance function and the Finance and Supply Chain leadership team. This role will be accountable for the Financial Management of our dairy operations. The role will heavily focus on providing leadership and developing capability across the Finance function as well as providing sound commercial and strategic advice for the wider business.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Provide accurate and on time financial and management reporting for the management team
- Leading a team of 3 accountants based out of various locations across New Zealand
- Identify opportunities to challenge the status quo and enhance site results and effectiveness of the Finance team
- Operational reporting and cost management
- Improve quality of the financial reporting
- Review product costing methodology to ensure overhead allocation accurately reflect activity
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Own the internal controls for the Dairy Manufacturing sites
To be successful in your application, you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification (Commerce or Finance) – Essential
- CA, CPA or CIMA qualified or working towards - Desired
- 8+ years Management Accounting. Preferably in a large Manufacturing or FMCG commercial environment
- Strong proven leadership experience
- Good understanding of costing ideally within Dairy
- Advanced business partnering and relationship building skills, ability to translate numbers into meaningful information
Our preference is for the role holder to be based in Christchurch. However, we would be open to you being based at our other dairy site in Longburn, Manawatu. The role involves some travel to our other sites in Palmerston North and Auckland.
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply and you will be taken to our careers page. Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please enter our careers page and click Register to submit your details.