Packaging Technologist | New Zealand
|Category:||R&D & Quality|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||16-May-2018|
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day. Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Vogel's, Molenberg, Freya's, Meadow Fresh, Tararua, Puhoi Valley, Edmonds and Ernest Adams, just to name a few!
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in New Zealand. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our business and be part of our success.
As the Packaging Technologist you will become a key member of our innovative and forward-thinking Research & Development (R&D) team, based at Nelson Street. Reporting through to the Packaging Manager, you will have exposure working across a wide range of stakeholders within NZ, Australia and Asia Pacific.
With a large portfolio of interesting and challenging projects in the pipeline (both local and export), this is a great time for the right individual to join the team.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Partnering with our Marketing, Operations, Technical and Finance team to manage and deliver multiple significant projects across a wide range of products and categories, providing technical direction, creative solutions and insights
- Acting as a subject matter expert on NPD projects and Stage Gate deliverables
- Working closely with our packaging suppliers to improve quality and packaging design and taking a cost-effective approach
- Managing continuous improvement projects and seizing ‘future state' innovation opportunities
- Ensuring that new and reformulated packaging complies with regulatory requirements and meets food safety standards
- Keeping abreast of emerging consumer trends and packaging technologies to support our business objectives and aid in positioning Goodman Fielder as cutting-edge player in the market
This is an opportunity to make your mark and become a key member of a high performing team. To be successful in this role you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in Food Technologies or Sciences, or an equivalent Degree
- Ideally, you'll have at least 2-4 years' experience in packaging or food technology, within an aligned industry (such as food, beverage or packaging manufacturing)
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication and influencing skills and the ability to build effective relationships across the business
- A passion for innovation, continuous improvement approach, and strong drive for results
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply and you will be taken to our careers page.
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please enter our careers page and click Register to submit your details.