Transport Manager - South Island | Christchurch
|Category:||Supply Chain & Operations|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-May-2018|
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day.
Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Quality Bakers, Meadow Fresh, MacKenzie, Vogel, Tararua, Edmonds, Freya's & Puhoi Valley.
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in New Zealand. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our business and be part of our success.
As Transport Manager, you will have overall accountability of our Line-haul distribution network in the South Island, ensuring an efficient & cost-effective service is achieved across the network.
In addition, you will
- Have full accountability for South Island transport spend and revenue targets (third party freight)
- Drive absolute cost efficiency both from a regional and laneway specific perspective.Ensure maximum utilisation of dedicated assets through optimisation and third party freight solicitation
- Manage strategic relationships with our customers, regional owner drivers and 3PL suppliers, ensuring service levels are achieved and key business targets are consistently met
- Lead and execute on key projects to improve processes and/or procedures
- Be the main point of contact for any network issues within the regions
- Ensure all SH&E requirements are met and that you are an enabler in driving a HS&E culture across the network
A structured individual with and exceptional eye for detail ensuring no cost reducing or revenue generating opportunity goes unmissed. Action orientated with the ability to identify root cause issues and proactively recommend and execute corrective measures.
In addition, you are
- A supervisor/leader with at least 5 years' experience in transport / logistics / supply chain
- A team player with people management experience.
- Commercially adept and comfortable managing a P&L
- Great with spread sheets and quantities of data
- Systems savvy (SAP TMS, excel)
- Proactive & results driven
You will also have knowledge of NZ road transport legislation and knowledge of goods & service licence.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online please click Apply Online and you will be taken to our careers page.
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please visit our careers page www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.au and click Register to submit your details.