Transport Planner | North Island - Other
|Category:||Supply Chain & Operations|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-May-2018|
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day. Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Vogel's, Molenberg, Freya's, Meadow Fresh, Tararua, Puhoi Valley, Edmonds and Ernest Adams.… just to name a few!
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in New Zealand. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our business and be part of our success.
The Transport planner is a newly created position, reporting to the Transport Manager, the position of Transport Planner is to ensure the efficient and cost-effective movement of GFNZ's freight volumes as guided by the Transport Strategy.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- From data created by production sites, ensure each load is manifested accurately and above minimum utilization levels
- Communicate to production sites and transport providers load allocations for both inbound and outbound loads
- Participate in the identification of opportunities of reducing/eliminating cost
- Working with the Transport Manager, to be the “Go To” co-ordinator for internal/external freight movements
- Reliable point of contact for GFNZ business units for Transport movement and network issues.
The successful applicant will have:
- Transport Planning experience is essential
- Transport/Logistics experience within FMCG desired
- Highly organised and able to adapt planning promptly in response to business/customer needs
- Great stakeholder management and relationship building skills
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply and you will be taken to our careers page.
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please visit our careers page www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.auand click Register to submit your details.