Maintenance Engineer (UHT) | Christchurch
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Jul-2018|
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day. Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Vogel's, Molenberg, Freya's, Meadow Fresh, Tararua, Puhoi Valley, Edmonds and Ernest Adams.… just to name a few!
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in New Zealand. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our business and be part of our success.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Engineer/Electrician to join our Meadow Fresh Christchurch Site, as a UHT Aseptic plant engineer.
This role is based at our Meadow Fresh Christchurch site and will help drive and deliver an on-going maintenance strategy to ensure that production targets are met. Additionally, to help with improvements across the site, both in minor form and in larger projects. As a Maintenance Engineer you will build on our partnership between the production and engineering functions and strive together towards process and project management excellence on the site.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Ensuring that the site is run efficiently with effective engineering solutions and recommendations
- Ensuring downtime on the plant is reduced via a proactive approach
- Driving for performance in Reliability, Preventative and Predictive Maintenance
- Helping to establish and drive ‘Best Practice' engineering actions for the site.
- Help to drive change management activities to support on-going continuous improvement
- Understanding the targets required to deliver safety, quality and cost objectives in engineering
- Ensuring engineering activity is carried out in the most cost-effective way which includes plant, buildings, services, project management and people.
To be successful in your application, you will have:
- Strong maintenance engineering experience
- Be a trade qualified maintenance engineer or electrician (with a high level of mechanical aptitude)
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Experience with contemporary reliability practices and CMMS use
- Previous experience in the UHT/Aseptic or FMCG/ food manufacturing industry would be ideal.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude.
- This role is in a working dairy production facility, therefore some experience with pneumatics, conveyors, pumps, dairy processing equipment, and other specialized machinery would be useful; and/or the desire to learn
- Previous experience on TETRA PAK equipment (or similar would be a definite advantage)
- The role involves working with operators to trouble-shoot and then fix the problem. Which means there can be production related time pressures, so a cool head is advantage.
The position is for a UHT Engineer, rostered 4 days per week (4 x 12.25 days, 4 off and the 4 x 12.25 nights)
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply Online and you will be taken to our careers page.
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please visit our careers page www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.auand click Register to submit your details.