Packaging Manager | Auckland
|Category:||R&D & Quality|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Jul-2018|
- Develop leading edge packaging for iconic Kiwi brands
- Lead a team of people who are passionate about food
- Work with a broad & diverse portfolio of packaging solutions
If you are looking to expand your packaging portfolio, this is the opportunity you've been waiting for!
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand. We provide consumers with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that people purchase and enjoy every day. Trusted brands like Vogel's, Molenberg, Freya's, Meadow Fresh, One Night in Mexico, Puhoi Valley, Kalo, Edmonds and Ernest Adams.
With such a diverse range of products our range of packaging is extensive. From bottles and boxes to cartons, tubs and pouches, we've sure got it covered!
While leading a small team of packaging technologists, you'll play a critical role in developing packaging solutions for the business while ensuring emerging consumer trends and packaging technologies are leveraged to maximise opportunities.
Key accountabilities include:
- Leading the packaging team to develop and implement new packaging options and technology
- Developing packaging strategy and input into development of the R&D Strategic plan
- In conjunction with marketing and sales, providing support and input into the development of category/brand and innovation plans
- Project management of the packaging project outcomes and ensuring project deliverables are met on time, within budget and with no technical failures
- Providing technical support and direction to development teams
- Develop and drive implementation of the packaging annual cost optimisation plan
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and business policies
- Ensure NPD process is adhered to and that sufficient checks exist to identify any regulatory and/or policy non compliance
- Ongoing review of packaging processes to ensure effectiveness and efficiency optimised and in line with future business requirements
- At least 5 years in packaging development including at least 3 years in a lead role
- Technical (Packaging) Skills
- Regulatory knowledge
- Project management skills
- 3 party supplier management skills
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Tertiary qualification in Food science or Technology
With such a wide variety of packaging solutions to juggle, you will certainly be kept on your toes. However, if you are looking to expand your packaging portfolio this is a great opportunity to do that!
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply and you will be taken to our careers page.
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please visit our careers page www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.auand click Register to submit your details.