Category Manager - Route Foodservice | Auckland
|Category:||Sales & Marketing|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Aug-2018|
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day. Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Vogel's, Molenberg, Freya's, Meadow Fresh, Tararua, Puhoi Valley, Edmonds and Ernest Adams.… just to name a few!
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in New Zealand. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our business and be part of our success.
The Category Manager, Route Foodservice is an integral member of the RFS team with management responsibilities for development and growth of core categories. The Category Manager will lead initiatives which are exclusive to Route & Foodservice, and input to and execute broader category initiatives in these channels.
This role is primarily a B2B marketing role, responsible for developing the RFS category plans over a 3 year horizon, leading the strategic direction and implementation of marketing activities to drive profitable category growth within specified RFS channels.
The scope of the role will cover insights, strategic planning, portfolio management, innovation, profitability optimisation and marketing activations.
There are two category roles available, one for Baking (bread) and the other Grocery & Ingredients.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Drive continued marketing effectiveness through the development and implementation of high impact marketing plans including communication (in conjunction with Customer Engagement Manager), sponsorship & events and promotional activity.
- Develop end user and customer insights via industry data, bespoke research and field visits to facilitate category development, innovation and effective execution
- Drive category vision and growth aspirations.
- Develop 3 year RFS Portfolio plan, ensuring these are integrated into and aligned with Category Marketing Plans and feed into Channel Plans
- Key member of LT to contribute to category strategy and in year achievement of P&L
- In conjunction with National Business Managers, develop right brand, range, product, format & pack size and pricing for each RFS channel segment
- Clear prioritization of portfolio for each channel segment
- Leverage Category insights for innovation plans
- Follow NPD process (on time, to plan) to hit business case targets
- Achieve execution excellence at launch
- Capitalise on opportunities for bespoke customer innovation to drive new business
- Lead export and co-pack projects
- 5+ years experience in FMCG marketing / category / sales roles
- Understanding of RFS channel / B2B desirable
- Influencing & Stakeholder Management
- Strategy development
- NPD management
- Digital Marketing
- Strong Commercial Acumen
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and problem solve
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply Online and you will be taken to our careers page.
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please visit our careers page www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.auand click Register to submit your details.