Despatch Team Leader | Auckland
|Category:||Supply Chain & Operations|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Apr-2019|
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day. Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Vogel's, Molenberg, Freya's, Meadow Fresh, Tararua, Puhoi Valley, Edmonds and Ernest Adams.… just to name a few!
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in New Zealand. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our business and be part of our success.
The Dispatch Team Leader is an integral member of the Dispatch and Warehouse team with management responsibilities for a high performing team and team culture. The Dispatch Team Leader ensures Dispatch is delivered in a cost effective and timely manner.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Lead the Shift team to ensure that resources are correctly allocated to deliver on Key Performance
- Overall management of the gantry and pick by light picking automation systems
- Adjust production schedules, linehaul or contractor departure times accordingly and explore alternative options where required
- Perform manual intervention tasks on the automation equipment where applicable and as per system requirements
- Maintain a healthy proactive relationship with Engineering and escalate engineering related issues as a priority
- Inventory write off, stocktake and cycle count processes
- Lead and participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Ensure training plans are in place, capability needs assessed and development work planned with staff
Hours of work are:
Saturday, Monday, Tuesday 7:00am – 7:15pm
Wednesday 7:00am – 2:15pm
To be successful in your application, you will have:
- Supply Chain or Dispatch experience in the food industry
- 2+ years established leadership of a mid-sized team
- Great people management skills
- Proven quality assurance and food safety systems understanding
- Experience or participation in project management
- SAP and computer navigation skills
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply and you will be taken to our careers page.
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please visit our careers page www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.auand click Register to submit your details.