Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer | North Island - Other
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-Apr-2019|
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day. Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Vogel's, Molenberg, Freya's, Meadow Fresh, Tararua, Puhoi Valley, Edmonds and Ernest Adams.… just to name a few!
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in New Zealand. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our business and be part of our success.
We are currently seeking a Multiskilled Engineer to join our Palmerston North Ernest Adams site, you will be an integral member of the Engineering team at Ernest Adams and will make a strong contribution to a high performing team and team culture with regards to overall performance at the site. You will be required to carry out routine repairs and preventative maintenance.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Ensure that the site is run efficiently with effective engineering solutions and recommendations
- That downtime on the plant is reduced via a proactive approach
- Assist in the ongoing running of the engineering workshop, ensuring tidy and effective at all times.
- Initiate improvements in Maintenance Practices, Systems, and Procedures, leading to Continuous Improvements in Reliability, Quality, Cost, GMP and Customer Service.
- Effective time management, documentation and data entry into a CMMS System
This is a great opportunity to gain experience within a large New Zealand food manufacturing business. The chance to add value and make your mark are abundant as the business focuses on building its Engineering capability and best practice.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have 3+ years Maintenance Engineering experience
- Trade Qualification required minimum level 4 essential
- Have strong communication and relationship building skills
- Plant maintenance and/or fabrication experience ideal
- Have a background working within a FMCG or relevant industry
- Have strong interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply and you will be taken to our careers page.
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please visit our careers page www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.auand click Register to submit your details.