Senior Commercial Manager Operations | Auckland
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||18-Jun-2019|
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day. Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Vogel's, Molenberg, Freya's, Meadow Fresh, Tararua, Puhoi Valley, Edmonds and Ernest Adams.… just to name a few!
The Senior Commercial Manager for Operations is a key business partner to the Head of Operations and the broader Operations Leadership Team, and is responsible for managing the Head Office and site based Operations Accountants to ensure financial expertise, leadership, management and support is delivered to the relevant stakeholders.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Manage the integrated business planning (Strategic Plan, Budget and S&OP) processes for Operations
- Ensure all inputs to the Integrated business planning processes are robust and owned by the Operations Team
- Partner with the Operations leadership team to ensure they deliver on their functional commitments as part of the NZ business long term targets
- Determine key cost drivers and measure performance against targets
- Provide insightful commentary on financial performance identifying opportunities to drive EBIT improvement
- Provide business partnering support to the Operations function
- Create business case financials for all Operations projects including Capex, ensuring key risks and alternatives are considered
- Monitor performance on all major Operations projects against EBIT and Capex targets
- Provide accurate conversion costs to the commercial teams to for new tender submissions, revised pricing plans & NPD
- Coach and develop operations accountant team to ensure a consistent high standard of business partnering across our manufacturing network
To be successful in your application, you will have:
- Strong understanding of management accounting in a manufacturing environment, and issues affecting a manufacturing business (essential)
- Ability to co-ordinate cross functional teams
- Self-starter who uses own initiative
- Lateral thinker
- Good analysis and problem solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Understanding of retail trade and alternative trading channels
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to manage multiple stakeholders and tasks often with challenging timelines
- Degree Qualified (Commerce or Finance) Essential
- CA/CPA/CIMA or MBA qualification (Desired)
- Cost & management accounting experience
- SAP or similar ERP system exposure
- Team leadership experience
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please visit our careers page www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.auand click Register to submit your details.