Category Analyst - Fixed Term Contract | Auckland
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||15-Dec-2021|
At Goodman Fielder our purpose is making everyday food, better for everyone. We own a host of iconic brands that generations of Kiwis have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week. We are a team that believes that anything is possible. A team that understands our business and focuses on the right things that make the biggest difference and one that considers our end to end value chain when making decisions to optimize our business.
As Category Analyst, you will play a critical role in supporting the Category, Sales & Marketing teams in providing them with key insights across a number of categories.
Key responsibilities include:
- In conjunction with the Category Manger build insightful commentary and narrative with clear actionable points across categories for all key business meetings
- Build trustworthy relationships with customers and demonstrate that GF is the clear category thought leader in delivering category-centric insights with clear actionable execution plans linked to shopper behaviour
- Develop tools and frameworks to enable fact based decision making on short and long term planning horizons
- Develop performance tracking tools which enable the business to be kept briefed on customer, channel and category performance, issues and opportunities across the 4Ps
- Run, build and refresh assortment analysis with financial overview with recommendation to CM (to include distribution drives, MSL & skus at risk)
- Development of ranging matrices for GF's Store Standards programme
- Ownership of spotlight categories (as determined by Category Manager)
- NPD Tracking and actions
- An ability to use to IRI or Nielsen software (preferred)
- An ability to analyse and interpret data from a range of sources & draw valid conclusions
- An ability to communicate complex information in an easily understandable manner to all levels of the business
- Experience in a Sales or Commercial role (at least 2-3 years) within an FMCG environment or similar (preferred)
- Good at solving problems
What we offer
You will be joining a driven team of professionals who genuinely enjoy working together, resulting in a highly collaborative environment. In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development.
At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.