Trainee Baker | Auckland
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Sep-2022|
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day. Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Vogel's, Molenberg, Freya's, Meadow Fresh, Tararua, Puhoi Valley, Edmonds and Ernest Adams… just to name a few!
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products and strive to be the best place to work in New Zealand. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our business and be part of our success
We are currently looking for Trainee ,Intermediate and Qualified Bakers to join us full time at our Quality Bakers site in Auckland. This can be a foot in the door opportunity for an apprentice Baker or a destination role for a trained Baker. A chance to be part of one of New Zealand's largest consumer goods businesses, and one that offers genuine career opportunities. Full training will be provided, for Trainee Bakers.
These positions are an integral part of the Baking and Production team and makes a strong contribution to a high performing Production team and team culture within Baking, while performing the duties of preparing, baking and packaging bread products to the standards required. You will be required to work across the bread manufacturing processes, operate equipment and complete quality assurance checks. You would be required to work 3.5 days per week and a total of 42 hours. Both day and night shift available.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Ensure all equipment is operated according to site standards
- Communicate all issues with equipment immediately to the Team Leader
- Actively maintain Food Safety, GMP, cleaning and hygiene standards, including corrective actions from audits and non-conformance reports
- Develop strong relationships with internal customers (Contractors) by producing to plan accurately
- Complete all Online quality checks and relevant production checklists
- Train other production staff
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Machine Operating experience (desirable)
- Food industry experience (desirable)
- Follow Health and Safety policies as prescribed
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home-grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply and you will be taken to our careers page.