Field Merchandising Supervisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jan-2022|
At Goodman Fielder our purpose is to create food that people love. We own a host of iconic brands that generations of New Zealand's have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week. At Goodman Fielder our aspiration is to be the leading integrated food solutions business in the Region. We are a team that believes that anything is possible. A team that understands our business and focuses on the right things that make the biggest difference and one that considers our end to end value chain when making decisions to optimize our business. We drive change as an opportunity for us to innovate and transform our business and to achieve beyond what we think is possible.
The Goodman Fielder Merchandising team supports our Sales network in ensuring stock is made available to consumers in store, with the Merchandising Supervisor an integral member of the National Field Operations Grocery Sales Team. Reporting to the Field Merchandising Manager, you will work with the Merchandising team to ensure a high level of customer service in store and ensure that our Goodman Fielder products have prime shopping position for consumers.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Coaching and mentoring a large team of Merchandisers across Wellington from Whitby to Miramar
- Helping to maintain Health, Safety and Wellbeing of merchandising team
- Overseeing recruitment and payroll processes
- Ensure Store Rosters (call cycles) are executed as planned, adequate cover is organised
- Providing in-field support as and when required, which will include manual handling tasks
- Build effective relationships and communication with Merchandisers, Territory Sales Managers (TSM), HR, Health and Safety, Injury Management, Contractors and Stores
- Regularly attend appropriate internal business meetings
- Assist with effective management of operation processes
- Conduct ad hoc store evaluations to ensure store call cycle efficiencies
- Actively support and assist with product withdrawals and recalls
The successful applicant will have:
- The ability to multi task and prioritise
- A proven track record in coaching and developing staff
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Customer-focused attitude
- An ability to influence a strong H&S ethic
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- FMCG industry experience preferred
- Current driver's license
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. To apply, simply click on the apply now button.
Alternatively, if this career opportunity sounds suitable for someone you know, please refer them www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.au.