Senior Product Development Technologist | Auckland
|Category:||R AND D|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Jul-2022|
At Goodman Fielder our purpose is making everyday food, better for everyone. We own a host of iconic brands that generations of Kiwis have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week.
Our dairy products are well known and include key brands such as Meadow Fresh, Kalo, Puhoi Valley, Tararua, Bouton D'or, Ornelle and Olivani.
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Product Development Technologist to join our dairy research & development team in Auckland. As the Senior PDT, you will play a key role in the facilitation and development of product innovation and new food development projects within our dairy portfolio.
As the Senior PDT your role will be to:
- Act as the 2IC to the PD Manager - Dairy
- Act as the portfolio lead for export NPD projects
- Manage, lead and collaborate with the wider R&D dairy team
- Collaborate with marketing leads to develop winning export products
- Manage product improvement, new product development and cost saving projects to specified outcomes
- Conduct robust bench and factory trials, and provide technical support where required to ensure quality standards are achieved
- Oversee sensory testing and meet sensory and acceptability evaluation targets
- Develop a strong understanding of export market food regulations
- Managing multiple projects, developing project briefs, plans and timelines
- Input into the development of Product and Category strategy and innovation plans for our dairy portfolio
- A desire to grow your leadership skills (essential)
- Tertiary qualification in Food Technology or Sciences (essential)
- Proven experience in a technical product development role within dairy
- Experience in dairy product formulation and process
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements
- An ability to lead and manage projects and manage key deadlines
What we offer
You will be joining a driven team of professionals who love food, have fun and genuinely enjoy working together, resulting in a highly collaborative environment. In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development.
At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.