Factory Operator | North Island - Other
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||12-Jun-2022|
At Goodman Fielder our purpose is making everyday food, better for everyone. We own a host of iconic brands that generations of Kiwis have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week. We are a team that believes that anything is possible. A team that understands our business and focuses on the right things that make the biggest difference and one that considers our end to end value chain when making decisions to optimize our business.
We are seeking to fill several operator roles and looking for reliable and trustworthy individuals, to join our Yoplait team in Palmerston North. The role of Processing Operator is to operate and monitor the equipment to produce high quality products in accordance with the production plan.
To ensure success in this role, you will be committed to following processes and procedures, be a good communicator and while actively contributing to the team you will be disciplined enough to work autonomously also. Some machine operation experience is beneficial but full training will be given.
Key accountabilities of the role include
- Routine Operation of equipment necessary for the filling of yogurt and dairy product following standard operating procedures
- Set-up of raw materials necessary to undertake processing of yogurt and dairy product
- Ensure materials are prepared necessary to undertake packaging and coordinate with the Storeman when needed.
- Perform repetitive lifting of packed yogurt cartons to be stacked on pallets, checking for correct labels, best before date and packaging quality
- To ensure preparation of fruit bags (including lifting), filling up the fruit sheet and ensuring putting back returned fruit bags in cool store.
- To follow Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) for the cleanliness of all filling room equipment, internal building surfaces and external surrounds to ensure a high degree of plant hygiene is maintained
The shift patterns are as below, rotating on a weekly basis, Monday to Friday.
We're looking for someone with the following skills and experience to join us:
- Prior Dairy processing / manufacturing experience (desired)
- Forklift experience(beneficial)
- Ability to lift weights, up to 20 kgs
- Good numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Willingness to be a great team player as well as work autonomously
- A growth mindset
- Able to work shift and/or overtime hours as necessary to achieve production targets and all other reasonable duties as defined by the Factory Team Leader
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home-grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply Online and you will be taken to our careers page.