Store Person | Christchurch
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-May-2022|
At Goodman Fielder our purpose is making everyday food, better for everyone. We own a host of iconic brands that generations of Kiwis have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week. We are a team that believes that anything is possible. A team that understands our business and focuses on the right things that make the biggest difference and one that considers our end to end value chain when making decisions to optimize our business. We drive change as an opportunity for us to innovate and transform our business and to achieve beyond what we think is possible.
We are looking for a reliable and trustworthy person to join the Meadow Fresh team in Christchurch as a Store Person. The Store Person is an integral member of the Materials Management Teams; He or she will make a strong contribution to a high performing Materials Management team and to the team culture.
You will need willingness to learn and have some warehouse experience. To ensure success in this role, you will have a good focus on health and safety and be committed to following processes and procedures. You will be a good communicator and while actively contributing to the team you will be disciplined enough to work autonomously also.
The shift pattern is: 7 x 12 hours shifts a fortnight,6am to 6pm.
Week one: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Week two: Wednesday and Thursday
- Ensure incoming goods are checked and signed for as per internal procedure.
- Ensure product is unloaded as per packing slip in a good condition
- Ensure outgoing goods are checked, loaded and signed for as per internal procedure.
- Ensure correct stock to be picked first and correct stock / batch rotation.
- Record any damages, short deliveries and out of date stock and report to the Inventory Coordinator
- Ensure that work is performed in a safe manner and in a safe environment
- Ensure working area is clean and tidy according to approved Food Safety standard
- Receipting product into stock
- Creating load out manifests
- Issuing Invoices and materials to process orders
We are looking for
- An experienced counterbalance forklift operator
- Minimum 1 year Warehouse or Stores experience
- SAP experience advantagous but not essential
- High literacy / numerical skills
- Able to prioritise tasks and work in a busy environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good MS Office skills – capable of using Microsoft excel.
- Willingness and aptitude to learn
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home-grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
What are you waiting for Apply Now!!