Shift Maintenance Engineer | South Island - Other
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Sep-2022|
At Goodman Fielder our purpose is making everyday food, better for everyone. We own a host of iconic brands that generations of Kiwis have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week including Meadow Fresh, Vogels, Molenberg and Puhoi Valley.
The Site Engineering team at our baking site in Dunedin are responsible for safety, quality, reactive and preventative maintenance, efficiency and cost effective management of the Engineering function including plant, buildings, project management, new installations, contractor management and people.
Reporting directly to the engineering manager, this would be a great opportunity for anyone who has recently completed an apprenticeship programme in an Engineering role who is looking to kick-start their Engineering career within a large manufacturing company.
Key responsibilities include:
- Improve the reliability and efficiency of machinery and challenge the status quo
- Schedule and perform regular routine maintenance tasks
- Attend to unplanned maintenance tasks (breakdowns)
- Perform general engineering, repairs when required
- Develop and Implement plant improvements to all machinery ensuring compliance with QA, Food Safety and HSE requirements
- Ensure all compliance aspects of daily business is followed and adhered to
- Desired qualities: Welding (TIG preferred but not needed), some machining capability, fitting experience
- Work in a small team and will be dealing with a working factory environment with breakdowns part of this
- Strong root cause analysis for timely breakdowns
- Health, Safety and Environment knowledge
- Food Safety Awareness
- Trade qualification
- Willingness to grow and develop professional skills
*Note, work roster is Sunday - Wednesday (5am – 3pm). You will also be ‘on call' for a week, once a month. The shift pattern for when you are on call is Weds – Weds, 12am – 5am.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
What we offer
You will be joining a driven team of professionals who genuinely enjoy working together, resulting in a highly collaborative environment. In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development.
At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.