Trainee/ Process worker | Wellington
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||16-Jul-2022|
At Goodman Fielder our purpose is to create food that people love. We own a host of iconic brands that generations of New Zealand's have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week. At Goodman Fielder our aspiration is to be the leading integrated food solutions business in the Region. We are a team that believes that anything is possible.
We are currently looking for Trainees and process workers to join us full time at our Quality Bakers site in Wellington. This can be a foot in the door opportunity for an apprentice Baker or a destination role for a trained Baker. A chance to be part of one of New Zealand's largest consumer goods businesses, and one that offers genuine career opportunities. Full training will be provided.
These positions are an integral part of the Baking and Production team and makes a strong contribution to a high performing Production team and team culture within Baking, while performing the duties of preparing, baking and packaging bread products to the standards required. You will be required to work across the bread manufacturing processes, operate equipment and complete quality assurance checks.
The shift pattern is :
Working from 2am to 8.30 am on Wednesdays
Working from 2am to 2pm on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Ensure all equipment is operated according to site standards
- Communicate all issues with equipment immediately to the Team Leader
- Actively maintain Food Safety, GMP, cleaning and hygiene standards, including corrective actions from audits and non-conformance reports
- Develop strong relationships with internal customers (Contractors) by producing to plan accurately
- Complete all Online quality checks and relevant production checklists
- Train other production staff
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Machine Operating experience (desirable)
- Food industry experience (desirable)
- Follow Health and Safety policies as prescribed
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home-grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply and you will be taken to our careers page.