Technical Cleaner | Auckland
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Jun-2022|
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day. Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Vogel's, Molenberg, Freya's, Meadow Fresh, Tararua, Puhoi Valley, Edmonds and Ernest Adams… just to name a few!
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products and strive to be the best place to work in New Zealand. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our business and be part of our success
We are currently looking for a Technical Cleaner to join us at our Quality Baker's site in Auckland. The Technical Cleaner is an integral member of the Engineering Team and will make a strong contribution to a both high performing Engineering and Production teams. They are responsible for providing a safe and reliable plant and for ensuring the plant and facilities meet appropriate standards of cleanliness.
The shift pattern is working Sunday to Thursday, with a start time of 8 to 8.30am.
Pay rate will be dependent on experience
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Undertake scheduled maintenance tasks including planned activities driven by the Maintenance system.
- Perform deep cleaning of production machinery using specialized cleaning equipment such as dry ice/steam generator etc.
- Ensure machinery and plant is maintained to a high degree of cleanliness to ensure optimum performance
- Assist in preparing site when required for external and regulatory audits and ensure plant logs are up to date and maintained
- Contribute to and help embed the development of cleaning maintenance processes
- Provide technical assistance to the manufacturing team on cleaning issues
- Ensure any issue are communicated to the Multi Skilled Engineer or Engineering Manager
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience in Food processing/ Machine operation(desirable)
- Mechanical aptitude and experience (desirable)
- Capability to perform in a physically challenging role
- Trained to work at heights and confined spaces
- Sound knowledge of HS&E, including machinery guarding
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Excellent communication and ability to work individually and as part of a team
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees can fashion their own home-grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply and you will be taken to our careers page.