Bakery Staff | South Island - Other
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Aug-2022|
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day. Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Vogel's, Molenberg, Freya's, Meadow Fresh, Tararua, Puhoi Valley, Edmonds and Ernest Adams… just to name a few!
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products and strive to be the best place to work in New Zealand. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our business and be part of our success
We are currently looking for Bakery Staff to join us full time at our Dunedin site, where our teams perform the duties of preparing, baking and packaging bread products to the standards required. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the successful candidate will be required to work across the bread manufacturing processes, operate equipment and complete quality assurance checks. Full training will be provided.
The shift pattern for this role is: Tuesday to Friday( 5pm to 3am the next day)
Why work for us?
- Amazing opportunity , with full on the job training provided
- Training & qualifications - the opportunity to train and become qualified in Baking and receive greater remuneration
- Career progression - with the right work ethic, attitude and values, many of our staff have progressed to become Supervisors, Plant Managers etc
- Free bread to take home on your days of work
- Free parking on site
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Ensure all equipment is operated according to site standards
- Communicate all issues with equipment immediately to the Team Leader
- Actively maintain Food Safety, GMP, cleaning and hygiene standards, including corrective actions from audits and non-conformance reports
- Develop strong relationships with internal customers (Contractors) by producing to plan accurately
- Complete all Online quality checks and relevant production checklists
- Train other production staff
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Willingness to learn machine operation
- Ability to do a physical role
- Capable of working night shifts
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home-grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply and you will be taken to our careers page.