Filler/ Packer Operator | North Island - Other
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Sep-2022|
A team that understands our business and focuses on the right things that make the biggest difference and one that considers our end to end value chain when making decisions to optimize our business. We drive change as an opportunity for us to innovate and transform our business and to achieve beyond what we think is possible.
This opportunity is based at our Longburn site, in Palmerston North , where our teams are responsible for the processing and packaging of raw milk before it is sent out to our customers and; for turning milk into other great dairy products such as yoghurt, dairy beverages, cheese, cream and custard
We are looking for a motivated individual with machine operator experience to join our Production Team based in our beverages department. Reporting through to the Beverages Team Leader you will be operating multiple fillers and packing equipment and driving forklifts.
The shift pattern is 4 days on, 4 days off.
Why work for us?
- Free Bread, milk and other products available daily for consumption to staff on site
- Company contribution of up to 9% superannuation & subsidized medical insurance
- Over time rates
- Long service bonus starting from 1 years' service
- Free regular health checks
What will you do? / Key responsibilities:
- Ensure all health and safety rules, standards and policies are adhered to, including reporting any incidents or near misses to the Team Leader.
- Ensure the highest product quality standards are maintained.
- Ensure all equipment is operated according to Site standards.
- Assist with maintaining a clean work environment to comply with expected standards.
To be successful in your application, you will have:
- Mechanical experience
- Machine operator experience
- Capability of lifting to 20kgs
- Able to carry out repetitive and manual tasks
- Great team player with clear communication skills
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply and you will be taken to our careers page.
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please visit our careers page www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.au and click Register to submit your details.