Supply Planner | Auckland
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||13-Jul-2022|
Goodman Fielder is a leading global food company committed to making everyday food better for everyone. We own a host of iconic brands that generations of people have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week including Meadow Fresh, Vogels, Molenberg, Puhoi Valley and Edmonds. We are a team that believes that anything is possible. A team that understands our business and focuses on the right things that make the biggest difference and one that considers our end to end value chain when making decisions to optimize our business.
The Supply Planner is responsible for purchasing goods across various vendors and distribution hubs, both locally and imported. This role will have manage the way we purchase between our distribution and warehouses whilst driving continuous improvement and efficiencies within the portfolio.
The Supply Planner is responsible for the smooth running of the purchasing process including attending or managing the Supplier Review meetings, Demand/supply Reviews and project meetings as required. This is achieved via an understanding of the supply situation for their portfolio whilst maintaining a strong working relationship with supply planners/ suppliers and associated stakeholders.
Other responsibilities include:
- Raising, reviewing and managing purchase orders, organising appropriate transportation and critical events as required
- Attending weekly meetings to discuss forecasting, sales and market insights, critical and short stocks and potential supply issues
- Accurate & timely MDG set up of relevant products and plants
- Ensuring seasonal activity is accurately managed from purchasing through to execution
- Ensuring all invoice discrepancies are investigated and pushed through for payment in a timely manner
- Reviewing inventory levels weekly, including safety stock levels to maintain appropriate stock levels to maximise service and minimise warehousing costs
- Ensuring surplus stock is moved quickly by the business, and proactive manage approaching dated clearance inventory
- Managing DRP of stock between GF and 3rd party warehousing
- Ensuring NPD supply is in place to support successful product launches
- Minimising stock write off costs when deletions occur
- Providing necessary reporting for visibility to stakeholders
- Actively seek out opportunities to add value, reduce cost or improve efficiency in supply planning team including systems utilisation
- Involvement in projects to ensure the continued improvement of GF
- Swift action and communication on all supply concerns
- Strong communication skills
- An ability to manage conflicting priorities
- An ability to analyse data and solid excel skills (desirable)
- Good problem-solving skills
- Continuous drive for improvement and efficiency
- Experience with MRP/ SAP
What we offer
You will be joining a driven team of professionals who genuinely enjoy working together, resulting in a highly collaborative environment. In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development.
At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.