Electrician | Auckland
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Aug-2022|
- Working for a Leading FMCG Manufacturer
- Integral role within the Engineering department
- Competitive pay along with a range of benefits.
At Goodman Fielder our purpose is to create food that people love. We own a host of iconic brands that generations of New Zealand's have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week. We are a team that believes that anything is possible. A team that understands our business and focuses on the right things that make the biggest difference and one that considers our end to end value chain when making decisions to optimize our business
We are currently looking for a Electrical Maintenance Fitter/ Electrician , who will be an integral member of the maintenance function and Engineering Team, providing a safe and reliable plant, minimizing risk, and ensuring the plant and facilities meet appropriate standards.
This Opportunity is based at out Quality Bakers site in Auckland. The shift pattern is
Sunday to Tuesday 6am to 6pm
Wednesday: 6am to 12pm
Total 40 hours per week
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Undertake scheduled planned maintenance tasks including planned activities
- Attend and resolve unplanned maintenance tasks including breakdowns
- Assist with the improvement and the reliability of machinery and challenge the status quo
- Perform general electrical, PLC, and control circuitry repairs
- Contribute to and help embed the development of maintenance procedures and processes
- Maintain all site engineering documentation and ensure accuracy and up to date information is available
- Ensure plant logs are up to date and maintained
- Provide technical advice and assistance to the manufacturing team on issues relating to maintenance
- Ensure machinery and plant is maintained to ensure optimum performance
- Drive factory quality and SHE standards to ensure and demonstrate continued and sustainable improvement in safety for the site
- Assist in preparing site when required for external and regulatory audits
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Trade Qualification in Engineering/Electrical or equivalent Machine/Welding
- Engineering experience in a fitter role
- Experience in Food and FMCG manufacturing (desirable)
- Processed based risk assessment skills
- Excellent communication skills – listening, verbal and written
- Demonstrate an understanding for safety, health and environment
What can we offer you?
With sites spanning across the Australasian region, working as part of a highly driven team at Goodman Fielder, you can expect to work with leading technologies producing a variety of the most reputable brands in New Zealand.
At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.