No File Attached
Goodman Fielder is Australasia's leading food company. The company owns a host of iconic brands that generations of Australians and New Zealanders have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week. Our brands include White Wings, Meadow Lea, Praise, Helga’s, Wonder White within Australia, Vogel's, Natures Fresh, Edmonds, Ernest Adams, Meadow Fresh, and Irvines in New Zealand.
At Goodman Fielder our goal is to be the leading and most innovative local food company. In reaching that goal, we are committed to helping our people achieve their professional and personal goals while contributing to the success of a high performing team. With a focus on career development, we encourage our people to reach their full potential while also demonstrating our Goodman Fielder values.
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Maintenance Manager to join our Moorebank site. The primary role of the Maintenance Manager is to lead strategies that will improve the asset reliability and effectiveness of the site. Whilst developing and coaching the Maintenance Team to ensure that these objectives are met in a safe and timely manner.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for developing and leading the maintenance team to achieve highest degree of maintenance effectiveness, optimum plant reliability lowest manufacturing cost and highest product quality;
- Responsible for daily supervision of maintenance activities, resources, work orders and staff;
- Participate and lead maintenance strategy development and continuous improvement of maintenance processes and systems;
- Oversee timely repair and installation of plant and equipment;
- Assessing and prioritising breakdown service requirements;
- Work with shift Team Leaders and the maintenance team to manage the shutdown trades to ensure that the maintenance plans are executed;
- Ensure that plant information in CMMS system is accurate & up to date;
- Implement, audit and continually update the site maintenance plan, seeking input from all stakeholders to ensure its accuracy and alignment to site maintenance strategy;
- Capture maintenance performance data;
- Work closely with the contractors to make sure value for money and quality of work are both met;
- Must display attributes of initiatives and innovations for all safety, quality and reliability solutions, relating to improve a process or repetitive issues;
- Complying with site and company Food Safety policy and procedures;
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and overtime in line with the business requirements.
- Trade Qualification – Fitter, Electrician, or related trade;
- Ideally, previous experience with FMCG equipment or industrial food production equipment;
- Previous supervisory experience, frontline management or similar;
- High degree of General Trade based Technical Knowledge;
- Strong PC Skills, experience with computerised maintenance management system (SAP Maintenance experience preferred);
- Organisational / project management skills;
- An understanding of how to establish and implement equipment preventative maintenance programs;
- Experience in development and control of budget and expenditure;
- The ability to think quickly and make sound business decisions;
- Knowledge of OHS regulations and food safety practices;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships;
- Ability to read and interpret condition monitoring data.
Employing around 5,000 people across Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Fiji and New Caledonia, our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply and you will be taken to our careers page www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.au
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest.