State Account Manager - Food Service | Adelaide
|Category:||Sales & Marketing|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Apr-2018|
- 12 Month Fixed Term Contract – Mat Leave Cover
- Market Leading FMCG Organisation
- Multi-category product portfolio – Huge sales opportunities!
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Pampas, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, Crisco and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
In March 2015 Goodman Fielder was acquired by Wilmar and First Pacific. In partnership we have a strong platform of brands and combined horsepower. Wilmar has over 450 manufacturing plants and an extensive distribution network covering China, India, Indonesia and some 50 other countries. First Pacific owns 50% of Indonesia's largest food company, Indofood.
Our leadership team has full autonomy and decision making authority, meaning our ideas and goals can be made reality. We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in Australia. We are currently experiencing times of change and growth with continued capital investment across our business which only means one thing – Exciting times.
About the opportunity:
We are now looking for a highly personable, self-sufficient and passionate State Account Manager based in Adelaide on a 12 month fixed term contract. Reporting to the State Sales Manager, you will be an integral member of the Food Service team, responsible for driving and creating business in the Food Service industry through maintaining and building relationships with Distributors and End Users. You will be responsible for delivering sales targets through your Distributors by driving the agreed account plans and channel strategy. You will provide high customer service levels, identify new business with our core categories, and increase the availability of new and existing products.
You will be responsible for:
- Working collaboratively as a team of State Account Managers, supported by the State Sales Manager
- Forecasting, budget planning, profitability analysis and P&L with assistance from the State Sales Manager
- Arranging regular meetings with Distributor accounts in the Perth metro and regional areas
- Improving and maintaining customer relations with the Distributor network and End Users
- Maintaining and increasing product acquisition of the GF Food Service portfolio of Grocery and Fresh Bake products
- Attending trade shows and promoting relevant existing and newly launched food products
- Involvement in business reviews and execution of sales plans driving a solid growth agenda
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Valid SA Driver's Licence (Tool of Trade vehicle provided)
- Experience within FMCG, Food Service highly regarded
- Experience in Food Technology, Chef or Baker roles highly regarded
- Proven track record of success with customer account management and sales
- Strong communication, negotiation and relationship management skills
- Self-starter who uses own initiative to generate and secure new business
- A genuine interest and passion for the Food Service industry
- Ability to travel to regional account locations (road and air travel)
What can we offer you?
With sites spanning across the Australasian region, working as part of one of our most highly driven Sales teams at Goodman Fielder, you can expect to learn from experienced management who have grown with our business.
Due to our recent joint venture partnership with Wilmar and First Pacific, you will be a significant contributor to our expected growth in the Australian market, securing a long term career opportunity with us.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.