HSE Co-ordinator | QLD - Other
|Category:||Safety Health & Environment|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-May-2018|
Goodman Fielder is Australasia's leading food company. The company owns a host of iconic brands that generations of Australians and New Zealanders have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week. Our brands include White Wings, Meadow Lea, Praise, Helga's, Wonder White within Australia, Vogel's, Natures Fresh, Edmonds, Ernest Adams, Meadow Fresh, and Irvines in New Zealand.
At Goodman Fielder our goal is to be the leading and most innovative local food company. In reaching that goal, we are committed to helping our people achieve their professional and personal goals while contributing to the success of a high performing team. With a focus on career development, we encourage our people to reach their full potential while also demonstrating our Goodman Fielder values.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a motivated Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Cordinator to join our Townsville bakery. This role will lead the implementation and management of the GF Safety and Environmental Systems on site. Additionally, the HSE Coordinator will have a strong focus on coaching of the line managers to ensure continuous improvement of Safety, Health & Environment procedures across the site.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop a culture & implement standards which support the One GF SMS & EMS program.
- Ensure a safe workplace & prevent injuries.
- Monitor & report on workplace SH&E performance.
- Ensure the injury management process is sufficiently followed for all injured employees as well as manage claims & RTW plans, reviews and guidance on actions required.
- Participate where required in the resolution of safety issues.
- Review and advise on local SH&E matters.
- Conduct Risk Assessments and Root Cause Analysis
- Facilitate training and education on SH&E matters.
- Support the National HSE Manager to implement HSE strategic plan & drive improved HSE performance across the site;
- Build relationships, manage and influence stakeholders in a positive way.
Ideally the successful candidate will have:
- Minimum Certificate IV in WHS or similar
- Previous site HSE operational and systems experience
- Report writing – audit, incident, affidavit material.
- Comprehensive understanding of Australian OH&S, Qld Workers Compensation, & Australian environment legislation.
- Presentation, facilitation, and coaching skills.
- Injury Management experience
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong presentation, facilitation and coaching skills.
- Ability to work without supervision as well as part of a team
- Flexible to fit in with demands of site
Employing around 5,000 people across Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Fiji and New Caledonia, our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.