Senior Brand Manager - Bread | Auckland
|Category:||Sales & Marketing|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||18-Dec-2018|
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day. Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Vogel's, Molenberg, Nature's Fresh, Meadow Fresh, Puhoi Valley, MacKenzie, Edmonds and Ernest Adams.… just to name a few!
The baking category is at the heart of the GFNZ business, making a significant contribution to the profitability of GFNZ. With over 50% market share, GF has a stable of big, iconic NZ brand's and our opportunity is to continue grow penetration through step changing our mental & physical availability.
Reporting to the Head of Category Marketing (Baking), as the Senior Brand Manager, you will drive the strategic direction and execution of two of our most iconic brands in our baking category, Nature's Fresh and Mackenzie.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Ensure a solid understanding of category dynamics, consumer behaviors & channel dynamics in relation to implications for development and implementation of relevant brand plans
- Set annual brand strategy (as part of wider business planning process) and re-evaluate/modify as necessary throughout the year to maximize business results
- Execute the brand calendar, ensuring all activities are launched on time, in full.
- Deliver any ‘closer in' innovation (taking through the gate process)
- Take an ownership role in effectively managing the brand P&Ls , tracking performance and recommending any course corrections.
- Support cross-functional alignment with Category, Sales, Operations, Supply Chain, Distribution Network and R&D to deliver the Category Strategic Plans
- At least 5+ years marketing experience (preference will be given to applicants who have experience within FMCG)
- Strategic Brand/Category planning
- Understanding DME processes (set & track)
- Financially savvy – excellent at compiling and understanding & interpreting financial data
- Strong project management skills
- An ability to translate consumer insights into brand building & innovation opportunities
- Exceptional organisation and prioritisation skills
- Keen desire to challenge the norms to help grow established brands in mature categories
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply and you will be taken to our careers page.
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please visit our careers page www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.auand click Register to submit your details.