Field Merchandising Supervisor | North Island - Other
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||18-Dec-2018|
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day. Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Vogel's, Molenberg, Freya's, Meadow Fresh, Tararua, Puhoi Valley, Edmonds and Ernest Adams,… just to name a few!
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in New Zealand. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our business and be part of our success.
The Goodman Fielder Merchandising team supports our Sales network in ensuring stock is made available to consumers in store, with the Merchandising Supervisor an integral member of the National Field Operations Grocery Sales Team.
Reporting to the Field Merchandising Manager, you will work with the Merchandising team to ensure a high level of customer service in store and ensure that our Goodman Fielder products have prime shopping position for consumers.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Coaching and mentoring a large team of Merchandisers in the Palmerston North / Kapiti Coast region
- Helping to maintain Health, Safety and Wellbeing of merchandising team
- Overseeing recruitment and payroll processes
- Management of weekly rosters
- Providing in-field support as and when required, which will include manual handling tasks
- Build effective relationships and communication with Merchandisers, Territory Sales Managers (TSM), HR, Health and Safety, Injury Management, Contractors and Stores
- Regularly attend appropriate internal business meetings
- Assist with effective management of operation processes
- Ensure Store Rosters (call cycles) are executed as planned, adequate cover is organised
- Conduct ad hoc store evaluations to ensure store call cycle efficiencies
- Actively support and assist with product withdrawals and recalls
To be successful in your application, you will have:
- Proven record in coaching, managing and motivating staff
- Ability to multi task and prioritise
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Customer focused attitude
- Ability to undertake manual handling tasks
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- FMCG industry experience preferred
- Current drivers' license
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply and you will be taken to our careers page.
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please visit our careers page www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.au and click Register to submit your details.