Supply Planner | Sydney
|Category:||Supply Chain & Operations|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||19-Dec-2018|
- Market Leading FMCG Organisation
- Nationally recognised consumer brands
- Use your industry expertise to contribute to Goodman Fielder
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
We value our people at Goodman Fielder and recognise that our success depends on our ability to attract and retain talented people. We are currently looking for a Supply Planner based at our North Sydney head office. Reporting to the Materials and External Manufacturing Planning Manager, you will work closely with key internal stakeholders and external vendors.
The focus of this role is to develop weekly supply plans with outsource suppliers, review and forward supply plans and manage orders as required, participation in the NPD process and capture and report the monthly vendor DIFOT. This role is an integral member of the Supply Chain and Planning Team; will make a strong contribution to a high preforming Planning Team and team culture within Supply Chain.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Effective participation in the S&OP process
- Effective monthly/weekly planning process with minimum supply interruptions
- Driving the supply strategy, ensuring inventory levels are optimized against plans and warehouse capacity, ensuring adequate supply and that customers' orders and DIFOT target are met
- Reviewing Supply Plans and ensuring the Materials Plan matches the Production Plan and Production Plan supports DIFOT
- Inventory management of 3rd party stock availability of finished goods to drive efficiency in the process.
- Conducting periodic reconciliation to manage aging and accuracy of stock.
- 3rd party relationship management as part of a cross functional team
- Primary contact for any supply planning issues
- Continually evaluating current procedures and looking for new opportunities to improve processes
- Ensuring reduction of write offs
- Effective participation in New Product Development
- Communicate with vendors on deliveries (PO's) and future plans (VDS)
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Supply Chain/Procurement experience, ideally within the FMCG industry
- Project and change management experience with the ability to work with cross functional teams
- Strong pro-active communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence
- Good reporting and proven analytical capability
- Experience with MRP/ERP system; in particular SAP
- High levels of computer literacy particularly with Excel
- Strong analytical aptitude
- Strong internal & external relationship building skills
- High level of detail and accuracy and ability to work under pressure
- Continual improvement mindset
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business, with the scope to develop and grow your career. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be an employer of choice in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
What are you waiting for? Apply now