Packaging Technologist | Sydney
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-Dec-2018|
- Join a market leading FMCG during an exciting phase of growth
- Play a lead role on exciting NPD packaging projects
- Full time Permanent, North Ryde location
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading Food Solutions Company, creating food that people love.
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in Australia. We are currently experiencing times of change and growth with continued capital investment across our business which only means one thing – Exciting times.
About the opportunity:
Based in our dedicated Research & Development centre in North Ryde, you will be an integral part of the team as the Packaging technical lead for a portfolio of projects. You will work as part of a cross functional team launching new products/packaging into various categories for Goodman Fielder.
You will be responsible for:
- Packaging development of a portfolio of NPD projects against marketing briefs
- Supporting packaging capital projects and value Engineering of existing packaging
- Assist with the packaging tender process and shelf life testing
- Developing project timelines and key packaging milestones, analysing and mitigating risks.
- Providing Packaging technical expertise to key stakeholders
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Food Technology, Science or Materials Science
- Good working knowledge of the packaging and food industries
- Ideally 2 years' experience in a packaging technology role
- FMCG experience highly regarded
- Strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast paced environment
What can we offer you?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly regarded R&D team, in a local business with a broad variety of products. You will receive exposure to a broad range of products and manufacturing sites, and work with an experienced and high performing team who can provide excellent mentorship and training as you launch your career in the food industry.
In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.