R&D Associate | Christchurch
|Category:||R&D & Quality|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Feb-2019|
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic brands including Vogel's, Freya's, Meadow Fresh, Puhoi Valley, Edmonds and Ernest Adams just to name a few!
We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our business and be part of our success.
Goodman Fielder is hiring a recently graduated Masters or PhD student through Callaghan's Career Grant (6 month fixed term) from mid-January 2019 to carry out a dairy project in our at our Meadow Fresh manufacturing site in Christchurch. We are seeking a motivated individual who has Food Science/Food Engineering background.
To be successful in your application, you will have:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Valid New Zealand residency or work permit (to work 40 hours per week).
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A great attitude with a willingness and aptitude to learn.
- Leadership skills and development potential
- Ability to document key production information.
- Be able to operate laboratory and pilot plant equipment
- Flexibility to work variable hours depending on production and some travel may be expected.
- A passion for Food Safety by keeping your work area clean and tidy.
- Communicating issues to your Supervisor when they arise.
- Understands an act safely on a manufacturing site, having good awareness of health and safety.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Working as part of a team to celebrate our success!
- You must have submitted your thesis for marking, or completed your final academic semester within the last 10 months.
Understand the variability of UHT dairy products and collate variables to understand the main driving factor/s influencing product quality.
- Project criteria and scope:
- Aligned to incorporate manufacturing process into the variability, working closely with site engineers, quality teams and R&D.
- Understand how the seasons impact the quality of dairy
- Variability assessment from within production runs and across production runs
- Variation over the shelf life of the product
- Specific focus but not limited to understanding the seasonality, protein and ingredients driving variability
- Make recommendation to support production.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply and you will be taken to www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.au.
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please visit our careers page www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.au and click Register to submit your details.