Waste and Recycling Operator | North Island - Other
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-Feb-2019|
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day. Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Vogel's, Molenberg, Freya's, Meadow Fresh, Tararua, Puhoi Valley, Edmonds and Ernest Adams.… just to name a few!
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in New Zealand. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our business and be part of our success.
Reporting to the Inwards Goods Team Leader, The Waste and Recycling Operator is an integral member of the Operations and Services Team. It will make a strong contribution to strive towards the site's vision of zero waste to landfill. The primary purpose of this position is to sort and divert waste into the appropriate waste streams to meet scheduled pickups.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Assists in the sorting of all rubbish received from all departments on site
- Delivers collection containers as needed around site
- Log and track daily and weekly pick-ups, including weights
- Keep the recycling area clean and sanitary
- Follow all food safety rules and requirements
- Follow all site and business safety rules and regulations
- Help keep the site grounds clean and tidy
The successful applicant will have:
- Forklift trained and certified to a high level
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships
- Strong attention to detail
- Takes pride in one's work and areas
- Physically fit and able
- Ability to work unsupervised
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply and you will be taken to our careers page.
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please visit our careers page www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.auand click Register to submit your details.