National Planning Manager | Auckland
|Category:||Supply Chain & Operations|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||21-Feb-2019|
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day. Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Vogel's, Molenberg, Freya's, Meadow Fresh, Tararua, Puhoi Valley, Edmonds and Ernest Adams.… just to name a few!
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in New Zealand. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our business and be part of our success.
Our Opportunity :National Planning Manager
The National Planning Manager is responsible for leading the management and operational Supply Chain decisions and direction for the GFNZ business. This role is an integral member of the Supply Chain leadership team with management responsibilities for a high performing National Planning team.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Lead our people to ensure we provide a work environment that encourages our people to perform at their full potential
- Lead the management and operational Supply Chain decisions and direction for the GFNZ business
- Provide leadership to the Demand, Supply Planning and VMI teams, ensuring the efficient and successful management of goods with an integrated Sales and Operational Planning process for GFNZ
- Develop and maintain strong cross functional relationships to deliver business targets, with Sales, Supply Chain and Operations teams
- Contribute to the Supply Chain leadership team to optimise supply chain performance to reduce costs and improve service to customers
- Build/Maintain relationships with all customers around the Christmas planning process, quarterly supply chain reviews, and regular communication especially around supply issues
- Establish strategy and drive change to gain one system platform for demand and supply planning in GFNZ and to get all New Zealand businesses aligned to one Sales & Operation process
- Responsible for all demand planning and external supply planning activities within NZ
- Ensure that optimum inventory levels are maintained always to optimise working capital and customer service
- Ensure suitable interfaces between the Demand Managers relevant Sales Managers and VMI team to ensure that all forecast information is captured and acted upon
Sales & Operation Project Development and Management
- Drive process improvement within the business to ensure that the following targets are met: Forecast Error (MAPE), DIFOT, Inventory, Stock write off
- Drive change in raw material planning activities to lead the Inventory team in setting inventory policies to ensure inventory compliance for GFNZ
- Provide input/ direction to supply planning, NPD and Project Portfolio Management processes as they relate to Sales& Operation processes
Health & Safety
- Mitigating risk for the Company and its people through the promotion of injury prevention & management
Tertiary qualification in Supply Chain, Operations or an alternative business-related endorsement
- Manufacturing Planning and Control subject matter expert
- S&OP subject matter expert
- Background in ERP and APS systems
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply Online and you will be taken to our careers page. Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please visit our careers page www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.auand click Register to submit your details.