Maintenance Electrician | Sydney
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Mar-2019|
- Leading FMCG business
- Dynamic and fast paced environment
- Moorebank Location
Goodman Fielder is Australasia's leading food company. The company owns a host of iconic brands that generations of Australians and New Zealanders have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week. Our brands include White Wings, Meadow Lea, Praise, Helga's, Wonder White within Australia, Vogel's, Natures Fresh, Edmonds, Ernest Adams, Meadow Fresh, and Irvines in New Zealand.
At Goodman Fielder our goal is to be the leading and most innovative local food company. In reaching that goal, we are committed to helping our people achieve their professional and personal goals while contributing to the success of a high performing team. With a focus on career development, we encourage our people to reach their full potential while also demonstrating our Goodman Fielder values.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Electrician to join our Moorebank team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Carry out preventative maintenance to plant and equipment within the facility;
- High level of technical and diagnostic skills including fault finding of electrical circuits and PLC programs;
- Participate in the repairs and preventive maintenance of all site plant and equipment;
- Maximise the use of materials and resources to achieve high efficiencies to produce optimum equipment availabilities;
- Timely repair and installation of plant and equipment & assessing and prioritising breakdown service requirements;
- Identifying and resolving equipment reliability and improvement opportunities;
- Demonstrate competency in the areas of planning, organization, and customer focus;
- Have a strong commitment to document handling procedures, to ensure that all paperwork is completed accurately in a timely manner;
- Work closely with operations personnel to ensure that reliability and safety issues are dealt with in an effective and timely manner;
- Demonstrate and promote safe work practices;
- Assist with other duties to ensure the effective operation of the maintenance team.
- Current NSW Electrical Trade Certificate/Licence;
- Minimum Certificate IV in Industrial Electronics and Control or equivalent;
- Previous experience in a fast paced FMCG environment ideally within the food industry or lean manufacturing;
- Computer skills – MS Office Suite; CMMS;
- Excellent fault finding/ diagnostic skills;
- Experience in PLC/HMI & VSD software and hardware (particularly Allen Bradley and Siemens);
- Processed based risk assessment skills;
- Excellent communication skills – listening, verbal and written;
- Demonstrate an understanding for safety, health and environment;
- High level of planning, cost management and organisation skills.
Employing around 5,000 people across Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Fiji and New Caledonia, our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply and you will be taken to our careers page www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.au
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please enter our careers page and click Register to submit your details.